Canada the world’s top immigration destinations, with 250000 new immigrants arriving each year to take advantage of the country strong economy as well as the immigration system which predicts that by 2031 over half of all working age people in the country will have been born overseas.
People who wish to remain in Canada or are sponsored to come and live there by a relative who has to be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada are referred to as the Family Class Immigration in Canada. Family class immigration holds its place in the foundation of the Canadian citizenship and immigration policy.
To meet the Residency obligation as a permanent resident a person has to be physically present in Canada for at least 730 days in 5 years. Every Canadian citizen and permanent residence have their loved ones abroad and they wish that they could bring them to Canada. And this wish has been brought to Reality by the Canadian government as they offer a number of ways to allow family class sponsorship
One can sponsor a number of relations for the family class sponsorship to become a permanent resident of Canada, they are as follows:-
- Spouse/Cohabitation(Common Law) Partner/Conjugal Partner
- Dependent Children.
- A minus who is an orphan belongs to the sponsor.
- One relative provided you have no other member of the family class who is already a permanent resident of Canada who can be sponsored.
- Child who will be adopted in Canada
For a family class application to be successful both the sponsor in Canada and the sponsored family member must meet immigration requirements.
Eligibility for sponsorship
- A person must be 18 years old or above.
- He or she must be a Canadian citizen,a registered Indian or a permanent resident.
- Has filed a sponsorship application.
- The person should be a member of the family class whom you want to sponsor.
- Even if you don’t reside in Canada but you are a Canadian citizen you are allowed to sponsor your spouse common law or conjugal partner. You can also sponsor a dependent children but you will have to convince that you will live in Canada once you are members become a permanent resident.
- A confirmation agreement has to be signed between you and the person being sponsored that each of you understands your mutual obligation or responsibility.
A person cannot apply to be a sponsor if he/ she
- Did not pay the immigration loan, family support payments or performance bond;
- In prison, penitentiary jail, reformatory;
- Is under a removal order;
- Were convicted of a violent or sexual offence or an offence that caused, attempted to caused or threatened to cause bodily harm to a relative;
- Were sponsored and held permanent resident status for less than 5 years.
Now, Family Immigration to Canada is thus possible.