Plastic surgery is very popular today, however, there are still some people that deter from it for varied reasons. They believe that plastic surgery is just not meant for them and this is why they avoid getting it done. What they should do is visit a credible plastic surgeon and clear these misconceptions. Plastic surgery is safe and it has the ability to transform your life if you bank on the right professional who cares about your health and well-being as much as you do!
Dr. Alton Ingram- top misconceptions about plastic surgery prevalent in the USA today
Dr. Alton Ingram is a well-known plastic, cosmetic and reconstructive surgery specialist in Nashville Tennessee says that people need more awareness and education in the field of plastic and cosmetic surgery in the USA. He has years of invaluable experience in the field of plastic surgery and has worked for many reputed clinics in the past. He is currently with Marvel Clinic and he says that the following are the top misconceptions that people have about plastic surgery-
- Women should get plastic surgery only after they have reached 60 years- The older the patient is, the results will look overdone. The menopausal age can drastically change the results of the surgery and so it is not right for women to wait till they are 60 years old, he says.
- Plastic surgery is only for the rich and famous- He says that this is one of the biggest misconceptions that people in the USA and world face. This is not true. Plastic surgical clinics have mushroomed across the world. Medicine and controlled substances are used. The clinics have registration and you can opt for any kind of surgery at affordable rates. There are some surgical clinics that have payment friendly plans for you to opt for.
- Plastic surgery is only meant for women- Men need to look good too especially in the job market. There are many men that are turning to plastic surgeons to improve their looks and rectify birth deformities and defects.
- Plastic surgery is only meant for vain people- This is a foolish misconception that most people have. People that wish to enhance confidence and self-esteem should go in for plastic surgery. It does have the scope and ability to transform your life.
- Recovery time is very long- Another misconception that deters people from opting for plastic surgery is that the recovery period is very long. This is not true. The recovery period differs from person to person and it does depend upon the nature and the type of surgery that is being done.
Dr. Alton Ingram says the above misconceptions should be cleared when you are about to consider plastic surgery for yourself or a loved one. If you have additional doubts and concerns, feel free to visit your plastic surgeon and clear these doubts with success. Plastic surgery is safe and there are a large number of clinics in Florida that care for your needs. They take care of your comfort and ensure you get the desired natural-looking results you deserve!